Last Updated: May 21, 2021
Board, Role-playing, and War-gaming League, Inc. (“BR&WL”) is providing members of the BR&WL Play Network (“BR&WLERS”) with these marketing materials (“BR&WL Materials”) to use solely in connection with advertising BR&WL-sanctioned organized play events (“Events”) and BR&WLs’ products, and for retail store décor. BR&WLERS may use the BR&WL Materials in their store, on their retail store website, and through their retail store social media accounts.
The rights and permissions granted to you under this BR&WL Play Network Marketing Materials Policy (“Policy”) are personal to you. You may not transfer or assign these rights to any third party. In addition, by using the BR&WL Materials, you acknowledge your acceptance of this Policy and the BR&WLERS Terms and Conditions (“BR&WLERS Terms”). This Policy is part of the BR&WLERS Terms and may be modified or terminated by BR&WL at any time in accordance with the BR&WLERS Terms. BR&WL also reserves the right to remove this limited use license at any time, for any reason, and at the sole discretion of BR&WL.
Policies for use of the BR&WL Materials:
- BR&WLs’ Trademarks and Product Images. You may use BR&WLs’ trademarks and copyrighted product images and printed materials provided in the BR&WL Materials only for the purpose of display, identification, promotion, and discussion of BR&WLs’ products or Events or for retail store décor as expressly permitted in this Policy. You may not use BR&WL trademarks or copyrights on or in connection with products other than genuine BR&WL products.
- Social Networking Websites. You may use the BR&WL Materials on your retail store website and retail store social media accounts (collectively, “Sites”); provided, however, that your use remains compliant with this Policy and the policies, terms and conditions of those Sites. BR&WL accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from your activities on such Sites.
- No Alteration. If you download the BR&WL Materials, you must display such BR&WL Materials without alteration—except that you may make proportionate reductions in size as technically necessary to accommodate posting on your Sites and in your store.
- No Endorsement or Sponsorship. You may not use or display the BR&WL Materials in a manner likely to create the impression that BR&WL is an official sponsor of or endorsing your retail store, your Events, or your Sites.
- Trade Dress and Advertising Elements. You may not imitate BR&WLs’ logos, trade dress, or other elements of BR&WL product packaging and website. Such imitation could result in confusion for others about your store’s or Sites’ affiliation with or sponsorship by BR&WL.
- Merchandise Items Bearing the BR&WL Materials. You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items such as T-shirts, dice, or mugs that bear BR&WL Materials.
- Inaccurate, Obscene or Libelous Statements Prohibited. BR&WL welcomes and encourages honest discussion and opinions about all BR&WL products. However, we cannot allow the BR&WL Materials to be used in any store or on any Site that promotes sexually explicit materials, violence, discrimination or illegal activities, or makes disparaging, libelous or dishonest statements about BR&WL or its products, employees and agents. We trust you’ll respect and keep it clean.
What if Don’t Comply with the Policy?
We hope that by clearly communicating the Policy for use of the BR&WL Materials, we can avoid misunderstandings regarding your use of such materials. However, if BR&WL becomes aware that you have violated this Policy, BR&WL will contact you and/or your Sites’ operators to try to resolve the matter. If we are unable to reach a reasonable resolution, or if we become aware of a pattern of violations of our Policy, we may pursue appropriate legal action and/or terminate your store’s BR&WLERS membership.
BR&WL invites you to ask us whatever questions you may have about using the BR&WL Materials. Please visit BR&WLs’ customer service webpage. We will do our best to give you timely responses to your questions. Please be aware that there may be some questions that we cannot answer because the information is confidential and cannot be disclosed to the public.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this Policy!